[R] Computing line= for mtext

ilai keren at math.montana.edu
Fri Mar 2 22:07:05 CET 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Frank Harrell <f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu> wrote:
> Hi Rich and Peter,
>
> What I am trying to do is the right-justify a vector of numbers to the right
> of the y-axis so that the leftmost digit of all of the numbers is one
> character to the right of the axis line.  axis() plots tick marks and

No it doesn't (not always)

> left-justifies the numbers.

For axis(4). If you really want right justify on the right hand side,
you could use axis(2) with negative line numbers (device size
dependent). Or you could try something like

plot(1:20)
axis(2,at=seq(1,20,4),labels=T,tick=F,las=T,pos=c(22.25,1))

Hope this is getting there (after only 6 messages...)

Elai