[R] Re : percentile of a given value: is there a "reverse" quantile function?

Pascal Oettli kridox at ymail.com
Sat Mar 3 14:36:08 CET 2012

Hi Felix,

Have a look at ?pnorm and ?qnorm.

And at ?Distributions

Regards,
Pascal

----- Mail original -----
De : drflxms <drflxms at googlemail.com>
À : r-help at r-project.org
Cc :
Envoyé le : Samedi 3 mars 2012 21h37
Objet : [R] percentile of a given value: is there a "reverse" quantile function?

Dear all,

I am familiar with obtaining the value corresponding to a chosen
probability via the quantile function.
Now I am facing the opposite problem I have a value an want to know it's
corresponding percentile in the distribution. So is there a function for
this as well?

Thank you for your support in advance, Felix