[R] Dataframes in PLS package

westland westland at uic.edu
Sat Mar 3 23:01:44 CET 2012

I am still/again having trouble getting PLSR to recognize the input data
frames.   Here is what I have done:

 I read in an 10000 x 8 table of data to 'pls'

assign the first four columns to  matrix 'dep' and the second four to matrix
'ind' with the following commands:

dep <- pls[,1:4]
ind <- pls[,5:8]

I create the data.frame 'eqn' :

eqn <- data.frame(depy = I(as.matrix(dep)), indx = I(as.matrix(ind)))

And run the PLSR package

apls <- plsr(depy ~ indx, data=eqn)

I seem to be getting either one of two error messages:

[12] ERROR:
  invalid type (list) for variable 'dep'
[13] ERROR:
  object of type 'closure' is not subsettable

I'm sure now that this is a problem in my creation of data.frames, but can't
seem to find anything that describes the problem

-----
J. Christopher Westland
Professor, Information & Decision Sciences, University of Illinois - Chicago
601 S. Morgan Street (UH2400) Chicago, IL    60607-7124
Telephone       +1.312.860.0587
Google Voice  +1.209.757.8849
westland at uic.edu
http://uic.edu/~westland