[R] submission of some functions to base package

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 00:20:23 CET 2012

On 12-03-03 11:51 AM, Özgür Asar wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Actually I could not decide who to contact, then decided to post here. If
> not appropriate sorry for that.
>
> I have written some functions in R which might be supposed to available in
> the base package but not available. I am wondering that how can I submit
> those functions to that package?

It is unlikely that we would accept any submissions for additional base
functions without strong arguments in support of them.

To start with, you need to come up with a convincing argument why they
can't be in a package that you maintain.  Then you need to convince a
member of R Core to take them over and maintain them.

As Ben said, you should start the discussion in the R-devel list.

Duncan Murdoch