[R] Which packages are installed with the default R installation?

maya duyguisler at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 22:22:02 CET 2012

Hello,

I am a new R user, I have one R version in my Macbook and one in a ubuntu
desktop.
I was installing some packages from a secure private source to the R in
ubuntu and it replaced some of the existing packages. While the version in
my macbook works all ok, in the Ubuntu version of R, I am missing some basic
functionalities like:
find.package()
and I can't install new packages which are throwing dependency errors.

> install.packages("ggplot2")
..
Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
  package ‘ggplot2’ is not available

Can you help me with what base packages I may be missing?
Thanks in advance,
D. Isler