[R] Which packages are installed with the default R installation?

Joshua Wiley jwiley.psych at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 05:56:48 CET 2012

Hi D. Isler,

It is not a very good sign if you are indeed missing the
find.package() function, this is in the base package, and if functions
from base are missing, your entire version of R is likely corrupt.

If you just do not have some packages you want, and are having
dependency issues, make sure you have a connection to an up-to-date
CRAN mirror, R has write permissions to a library, and then try:

install.packages("package of interest", dependencies = TRUE)

Also, you should read the posting guide (see the footer of this
message as well as every other message ever on R-help) and report the
output of sessionInfo() to us.

Best regards,

Josh