[R] Automating R script with Windows 7

vincent.deluard vincentdeluardr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:55:44 CET 2012

Hi R-users,

I am trying to automate the daily running of a simple R script from Windows
7.
>From previous posts, I understand that this needs to be done with the task
scheduler.
I can schedule my laptop to automatically open R at a certain time, but not
to execute a script.

Secondary question: how do I save a list of R commands so that they get
executed once the file is open?
Right now, I save my code in a notepad doc and paste over in R, but there
has to be another way. I have tried saving my code as .r file using the
editor and open the file with R later but this does not seem to execute the
code.

I very much appreciate the help.

Vincent Deluard, CFA