[R] Automating R script with Windows 7

vincent.deluard vincentdeluardr at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 20:47:13 CET 2012

Hi Jim,

Please disregard my earlier post -- I have done some research and realized
the space between after "program " was the the issue. I can now open
RScript.exe from the command prompt using the abbreviated form:

C:\PROGRA~1\R\R-2.11.1\bin\RScript.exe

>From your earlier post, I understand the structure to type in the command
prompt should be:
'Path to RScript.exe' SPACE 'Path to the .R file I want to execute'

Which should translate as the following on my machine:
C:\PROGRA~1\R\R-2.11.1\bin\RScript.exe
\C:\Users\Vincent\Documents\temp\test.r
Yet I get the following error message:
'Fatal Error: cannot open file \C:\Users\Vincent\Documents\temp\test.r'

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!