[R] multi-platform equivalent of x11() ?

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 08:13:06 CET 2012

I want to write an R help example that throws up 2 graphs in separate
windows, for comparison. In Linux I plot one, then run

x11()

to spawn a new on-screen device.

Is there some generic equivalent so I can write an example that will
work for Windows and Mac users as well?

If there is none, don't you think it would be fun if there were?

pj

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science    Assoc. Director