[R] GPS handling libraries or (String manipulation)

Justin Haynes jtor14 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 17:39:17 CET 2012

Take a look at:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/Spatial.html

But I've always just parsed the string...

This is from the last time I did this, its not quite the same but you
can see the similarities.

## if data is presented as 43°02'46.60059" N need to split on the °
symbol, ' and ".
to.decimal <- function(vec){
  # convert all symbols to _
  vec <- gsub('°','_',vec)