[R] repositories for 2.11 & 2.12

Miklós Emri emri at pet.dote.hu
Wed Mar 7 18:31:37 CET 2012

On 03/07/2012 04:58 PM, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> On 07/03/2012 15:45, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
>> On 12-03-07 7:59 AM, Miklós Emri wrote:
>>> Dear experts,
>>>
>>> I have to install ggplot2 packages for R 2.11 and 2.12 but this is
>>> available for 2.14 only.
>>> My question: are there urls for previous R version which can be use in
>>> install.packages ?
>>>

>> Generally old copies of source packages are stored on CRAN, but not old
>> binaries. So you'll need to figure out which versions of ggplot2 you
>> want, and install them yourself.
>
> Actually, binaries are usually there, e.g.
> http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.11/ggplot2_0.8.9.zip .
ok, thanks.

> And I would expect install.packages() in the appropriate version of R
> to find these.
No, unfortunately it does not find it:

 > sessionInfo()
R version 2.12.2 (2011-02-25)

 > install.packages( "ggplot2" )
Installing package(s) into ‘/usr/local/lib/R/site-library’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
package ‘ggplot2’ is not available

> Which does say explicitly that 'R 2.11 and R 2.12' do not exist and
> that we only support current R (read R >= 2.14.2 at present).

I know that the 2.14 is the most recent version, and the ggplot2
requirement >=2.14, but I have no permission to upgrade the R in our
linux system, so I was looking for an url, which help me to install
ggplot2 and its dependencies in a simple way for R version 2.12.2.
Now I see that I have to download and install all required packages
manually.

Thanks for suggestions
Miklos