[R] GPS handling libraries or (String manipulation)

Daniel Nordlund djnordlund at frontier.com
Wed Mar 7 20:29:43 CET 2012

Isn't 47.513 in the string above just over 47 and one-half minutes?  In the calculation above, the .513 minutes is being treated as 513 seconds (I know that is what the OP asked for).  Shouldn't the calculation actually be something like this

c(1, 1/60) %*% strapply(x, "\\d+.?\\d+", as.numeric, simplify = TRUE)

If I am wrong, I await correction and apologize in advance for the noise.

Dan

Daniel Nordlund
Bothell, WA USA