[R] dependence matrix

asica aerdna.sica at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 17:44:06 CET 2012

Dear R experts...I am a simple student who is getting lost because of this
amazing but stressful program.
I have been spending the last 4 weeks in trying to understand how to create
a matrix to analyze the eventual
dependence between my variables.

To be more precise, I have 91 variables to analyze. It's a qualitative
analysis, thus I would like to use the MCA
(Multiple Correspondence  Analysis) to reduce them, rather than ANOVA.
But, as you know, before to start with the MCA I have to analyze the
dependence among those variables, to
see whether they are dependent.

To be honest, as the most of you have already understand, I am non very
confident with R program, that is
why I am taking so long without succeed yet.  Of course, I can manage with
something, in fact I did already
deal with other operations. Simpler ones.

I please ask you to help me. I do not know how to do.
I need to create this matrix with my variables and then calculate the
dependence within each pair of variables.

I am looking forward to reading a reply soon.
Thank you so much.