[R] Loop struggle

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Mar 9 09:43:27 CET 2012

Hi

you are coming from different language paradigm?

Although you did not provide your data I presume you have data frame
called data with columns SP, A1-A5

Your construction

data[1:n, "A1"]<- data$A1 <-1

seems to me rather strange and basically your cycle shall do

data$A1<-data$A2<-data$A3<-data$A4<-data$A5<-data$SP

or if your columns were suitably located

data[,1:5] <- data$SP

If you want something else you shall provide some working example.

Regards
Petr