[R] Issues in installing rgl in Mac OS 10.6.8

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 11:00:22 CET 2012

On Mar 10, 2012, at 09:57 , Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> Please ask about OS X on R-sig-mac .

Yep. (Or R-devel for generic developer issues, but this one is pretty OSX specific.)

> There is something you have not installed on your OS, but it will probably need several rounds to find what (and it will be not just Mac-specific but depend on the exact versions of OS X (which you told us) and Xcode (which you did not)).

It is certainly non-trivial to install this particular package from source.

Is there any reason you don't want to use the precompiled version from CRAN? I mean, it is all well and good that more people do source builds so that we don't end up with a situation where only one or two persons actually know how to build stuff, but it might not be the most productive route if you actually need to get things done...