[R] Subsetting a data.frame -> Read in with FWF format from .DAT file

RHelpPlease rrumple at trghcsolutions.com
Mon Mar 12 17:19:08 CET 2012

Hi Michael,
Thanks so much for your detailed reply!

I gained a better understanding of the read.fwf function, along with
ensuring I better note how these read-in functions convert variables, etc.
As well, your tip on removing "format" while converting the PRVDR_NUM
variable to numeric (from factor) is the ticket!  Also, your reply aided
with noting which code (of three options to subset data) is the "best" to
use.

At this time I've been able to successfully output the data file at hand.
Thanks again for your help!