[R] MANOVA and Extra Sums-of-Squares Tests

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Mar 14 03:18:12 CET 2012

Dear chris33,

Well, actually as I said, the anova() function *will* do what you want. You can fit multivariate linear models with lm(),

mod.1 <- lm(cbind(Y1, Y2, Y3, Y4, Y5) ~ X1*X2 +X1*X3 + X1*X4)
mod.2 <- lm(cbind(Y1, Y2, Y3, Y4, Y5) ~ X1 + X2 + X3 + X4)

and then use anova() to get multivariate tests,

anova(mod.1, mod.2)

See ?anova.mlm for more information.

Best,
 John