[R] beginner's loop issue

aledanda danda.galli at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 10:24:13 CET 2012

Thank you all for your helpful comments!
I solved my problem by creating an empty matrix before the loop and
adjusting the loop itself, this is the code:

size <- dim(input)
out <- matrix('',nrow =size[1], ncol =  9)

for (i in 1:nrow(input)) {

  out[i,1:3] <- unlist(MyFunction(input[i,1],input[i,2], input[i,3])
    out[i,4:6] <- unlist(MyFunction(input[i,5],input[i,7], input[i,6])
      out[i,7:9] <- unlist(MyFunction(input[i,8],input[i,10], input[i,9])

}

It's probably not the most efficient way of doing it but it gives me the
desired output matrix...
Thanks for pointing me to this pdf R inferno pdf, I had an old version of
it..
I'm, starting to use R again after long time and this is a very useful
guide!

All the best

Ale