[R] climate data, Netcdf

Amen amen.alyaari at Bordeaux.inra.fr
Thu Mar 15 10:19:08 CET 2012

I am a PhD student working on global scale. I am working at INRA in France.I
am new to R

I downloaded a netcdf file           cruncep_tair_2010.nc.gz   from
http://dods.extra.cea.fr/data/p529viov/cruncep/t2m/

in this file, temperature was measured every 6 hours for 2010, I want to
convert to daily and then calculate the max ,min ,average daily temperature
I will appreciate it very much if you kindly help me.

 How can I see the data using R, just to look at the table and then
manipulate it

I am attaching the tem for one location  45 .13 (log,lat) .(I extracted it
using GIS but I don't know if I extracted them correctly)
As you can see:

time  is from 1 to 1460, 1 means they the measure tem for the globe at
the first 6 hours , 2=after 12 hours .....; and so on 1460 *6 = 8760
hours which equals 1 year

first of all I want to convert from kelvin to degree

1
2
3
4   ------     1  (min,max,averag)day        one map(file) for the globe
5
6
7
8  ------     2                            second map(file)
for the
.
;
;
;
1460 ------- 365 days

so in the end will develop       365  file   for            daily min Tem
                                 365  file for            daily max   Tem
                                365  file   for        average  daily Tem

Thanks in advance