[R] ANOVA testing over nested MS term

shoreliner11 shoreliner11 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 08:21:50 CET 2012

I'm still relatively new to R but was wondering if anyone could help me force
R to compute the f-statistic etc using the  the nested term rather than the
residual. In my particular case we were nesting a treatment effect by a
replicated tank which was not non-significant enough (p>0.25)to be dropped
from the statistical model.

Here's my code:
summary(analysis1<-aov(Area~Treatment/Tank))

Area is the response variable, treatment is the main effect, nested within a
replicated tank. Thanks so much for your help.