[R] word frequency count

mail me mailme842 at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 18 14:31:04 CET 2012

Hi:

Suppose I create the dataframe df using the following code:

df <- data.frame( item1 = c('milk',
'bread','beer','beer','milk','beer'), item2 =c('bread',
'butter','diaper','diaper','bread', 'diaper'), stringsAsFactors = F);

df

 item1  item2
1  milk  bread
2 bread butter
3  beer diaper
4  beer diaper
5  milk  bread
6  beer diaper

And now i want the following output:

milk,bread   2
bread,butter 1
beer,diaper  3
milk,bread   2

and "milk,bread" is a single datum. I hope this clarifies the problem!

Thanks!