[R] where this Error comes from?

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Mon Mar 19 20:27:11 CET 2012

Call traceback() after seeing the error message.
E.g.,
  > factor(list(1, 2:3, 4:6))
  Error in sort.list(y) : 'x' must be atomic for 'sort.list'
  Have you called 'sort' on a list?
  > traceback()
  3: stop("'x' must be atomic for 'sort.list'\nHave you called 'sort' on a list?")
  2: sort.list(y)
  1: factor(list(1, 2:3, 4:6))

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software