[R] Multinomial Logit data arrangement

sakchai sakchai.mcdonough at ait.asia
Wed Mar 21 13:44:22 CET 2012

Dear all,

I am having a hard time attempting to do a multinomial logit modeling in R.

I am trying to analyze a dataset whereby there are 3 scenarios with 4
difference choice parameters.  In particular – I am having a hard time
arranging this into a .csv format. What sorts of headings should I put in
the column headers to reflect the variables and parameters for the total
number of choice made by the respondents?

An example can be seen below:

			        Situation 1	Situation 2	 Situation 3
Parameter 1			28		      18		        8
Parameter 2			30		      20		        0
Parameter 3			32		      17		        3
Parameter 4			31		      12		        2

Further more, I would like to attempt to analyses if there are any
relationships with age, education etc.. How can i arrange it in a .csv
format for R to perform the function?

I know it’s seems a trivial problem but I just cant seem to get my had
around it and its the first step to start the analysis. Any guidance would
be really helpful! Thanks. oh yes - I am an MSc student in aquaculture
investigating land use values in mangrove environments.

Sakchai McDonough