[R] How to get the input of a function right?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Mar 22 18:33:53 CET 2012

On Mar 22, 2012, at 12:14 PM, Sarah Goslee wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 11:55 AM, R. Michael Weylandt
> <michael.weylandt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This is quite difficult without being able to see the function
>> f .....
>>
>> Michael
>
> I thought we had a fortune about telepathy, but I can't find it in the
> fortunes package.

Using the partial matching features of the fortune() function and the
search strategy " mind" for "mind-reading" and "mind reading" and to
avoid "remind", I find these candidates:

 > fortune(" mind")

There are actual error messages, and until you show them, we can not
help as the mind reading machine is currently off for repairs.
    -- Dirk Eddelbuettel (after reports about errors with R CMD check)
       R-help (July 2010)
You are going to need a few more sessions for this therapy to be
useful, we cannot read your computer's mind, just interpret what you
tell us. I don't want to jump ahead, but can you tell us the childhood
of your crashes, etc.
    -- Romain Francois (in a 'psychotherapy' session trying to
understand the sources of a useR's problems)
       R-help (November 2009)