[R] Help with R package forecast

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Mar 23 20:14:37 CET 2012

On Mar 23, 2012, at 8:47 AM, jason wrote:

> When I type library() to see what is installed the following list in
> RED
> comes up.
>
> Packages in library '/home/jason/R/i686-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.13':

This suggests you are using an old copy of R. Many time the current
repository will only be serving packages for the current version of R
and you will need to locate an archived package if you are for some
reason reluctant to upgrade.

> abind                   Combine multi-dimensional arrays
> aplpack                 Another Plot PACKage: stem.leaf, bagplot,

snipped useless list. It doesn't matter much what packages you have
installed as far as what appears on that pick-list,  although I do see
upon updating package::forecast that it also installed
Rcpp_0.9.10.tgz'  and RcppArmadillo_0.2.36.tgz'

> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
>
> When I type install.packages(), select the mirror, the following
> list of
> packages appears but  the package FORECAST is not listed.... Please
> see
> attchament http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4498680/08.png

Well, it would not have been spelled that way, but it's either not in
that repository (which you didn't tell us) or it's not available for
your R version and OS combination (which I guess you did tell us.)

--
David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT