[R] What does "package 'RDCOMClient' is not installed for 'arch=x64' " exactly mean?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Mar 26 09:24:53 CEST 2012

It 'exactly means' what it says.  We have no idea who installed it from
the sources, and you need to take that up with them (or yourself, if it
were you).

Please do follow the posting guide and give the 'at a minimum'
information required.  (Your R is seriously obsolete, and you were asked
to update before posting.)

RDCOMClient is from Omegahat: if you installed it from there, please
take this up with the Omegahat maintainer.

On 26/03/2012 02:12, dthomas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the excel.link package to write data to excel
> spreadsheets. I've installed the RDCOMClient package as required but get the
> error:
>
> package 'RDCOMClient' is not installed for 'arch=x64'
>
> I'm on Rx64 2.13.0.
>
> I assume it means the RDCOMClient package does not work on the x64 version.
> I've tried to see if there does a x64 RDCOMClient package version exist but
> to no available. Any suggestions?

It so far as I can guess at their meaning, your assertions are not true.
  One is available on CRAN extras, a default repository for your version
of R for Windows.  You can also easily install from the sources for
yourself.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk