[R] Seeming failure of options(width=60)

Yihui Xie xie at yihui.name
Mon Mar 26 23:45:17 CEST 2012

knitr gives you full power to do whatever you want with the output, so
you can use all sorts of LaTeX environments or packages to customize
your output. For example, in this case, I think listings may be
helpful; it has an option breaklines=true which allows you to break
lines.

Here is a minimal example: https://gist.github.com/2209775 (output:
http://i.imgur.com/3313T.png)

The basic idea is to call render_listings() to set up output hooks
using the listings package, and modify the error hook
(http://yihui.name/knitr/hooks).

For font size, yes the listings package is quite flexible as well.
Again, you are free to customize the output with any LaTeX
environments, not necessarily limited to listings.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyihui at gmail.com>