[R] lasso constraint

Weidong Gu anopheles123 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 19:00:43 CEST 2012

Hi,

your code has errors: apply function only has 1 or 2 as margin.

bound is used as turning parameter for summation of absolute
coefficients. lasso runs on a grid of the turning parameter for
varying strength of shrinkage. so each turning value may yield
different sets of coefficients and values. cross validation is used to
estimate the value of the turning parameter which gives the smallest
errors (mse or deviance) on testing data.

Weidong Gu