[R] Unique instances of a string in a vector -- there must be a better way to do this

z2.0 zack.abrahamson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 01:02:18 CEST 2012

I'm sure there's a better way to do this using plyr. I just can't nail the
right series of commands.

I've got a vector of strings. I want to remove all where the string's count
within the vector is > 1.

Right now I'm using:

Where x2 is the original data.frame and my character strings live in x2[,3].
Based on my results, that looks like it works, though if someone looks at
the code and raises an eyebrow, please feel free to say why.

R 2.14.2. Windows 7, 64-bit.

Thanks,

Zack