[R] survplot function

Frank Harrell f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Mar 28 03:49:34 CEST 2012

The Design package is obsolete and has been replaced by the rms package.  But
both are the same in this regard.  By starting at zero I assume you really
meant to say that you wanted to plot one minus cumulative probability of
survival, i.e., cumulative incidence.  Do this with survplot(...,
fun=function(x)1-x, ylab='Cumulative Event Probability')
Frank

Thorsten Raff wrote

> Dear R-helpers
>
> I am wondering if there is an option to the survplot function in the
> design
> package that allows for drawing Kaplan-Meier plots starting from 0 instead
> of
> 1, similar like fun = 'event' in the standard plotting function used on a
> survfit object.
> I apologize in advance for having missed any obvious informational sources
> but
> I really didn't find anything in the documentation.
>
> Best regards
>
> Thorsten Raff
>
> --
> Thorsten Raff
> 2nd Medical Department,
> University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein, Campus Kiel
> Chemnitzstraße 33
> 24116 Kiel
> GERMANY
>
> phone: +49 431 1697-5234