[R] Problems with R Commander version 1.8-3

petretta at unina.it petretta at unina.it
Wed Mar 28 10:23:50 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I use R 2.14.2 for Windows XP
I have no problem with R Commander version 1.7-2, but now I have a
problem with R Commander (Rcmdr) version 1.8-3.

After I lunch R Commander (sdi as well standard) if I try to import
data (i. from Stata datafile) I have this Warning message:

Error in structure(.External("dotTclObjv", objv, PACKAGE = "tcltk"),
class = "tclObj") :
   [tcl] list element in braces followed by "{"STATA"" instead of space.

and the process stop. The problem is also for SPPS and Excel (in the
last case the warning message is:

Error in structure(.External("dotTclObjv", objv, PACKAGE = "tcltk"),
class = "tclObj") :
   [tcl] list element in braces followed by "{"MS" instead of space.

With version 1.7-2 the process go well and I have no problem !

Can I have help?

Many thanks in advance.

Mario Petretta
Dpt of Medicina Clinica Scienze Cardiovascolari e Immunologiche
Facoltà di Medicina e Chirurgia
Università di Napoli Federico II - Italy