[R] Urgent - I really need some help lme4 model avg Estimates

Dragonwalker dragonwalkerart at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 28 16:50:46 CEST 2012

Thank you Mitchell,

I will try that. So I presume that the initial paper where they showed the
estimates AND the intercept from a model averaging procedure may have been
done using a different method?

Would it still be prudent to use a global model and then perhaps show the
top so many, perhaps those with a delta<2  and then show their weights?
Would it also be okay to just do a model average and then perhaps show the
weights of each covariate and factor within these models to show their
relative importance? I think the way the paper presented the results of
extremely similar research, using only models using A+B+C+(1|D) etc and then
model average, and able to come up with an Intercept and then much smaller
comparable estimates made me think that this was probably the correct way to
present the results and that getting these values must be something that I
just didn't know how to code. They were even able to compare the Estimate
differences among the variables whereas when I used -1 to remove the
intercept the distance between the variables differed (although within
stayed the same).

Thank you again for your kind reply.

Rachel