[R] SAS Import with sas.get {Hmisc} - status 127 error

Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) NordlDJ at dshs.wa.gov
Thu Mar 29 03:02:27 CEST 2012

You haven't given us a reproducible example, so there is not much we can do but speculate.  You also haven't told us the version of R that you are using.  Read the posting guide linked-to at the bottom of this email and provide the requested information.

However, to help you sort out what your problem might be, try using sas.get() to read a dataset that anyone with SAS has so that we can play along.  See if you can read in the class.sas7bdat dataset that resides in the SASHELP library (I can read it on a Win7 x64 box with SAS 9.2 and R-2.15.0RC, without any editing of the Hmisc code). If that doesn't succeed, then show us the full path to that file on your system, and the exact syntax of your call to sas.get() and any error messages.

Hope this is helpful,

Dan

Daniel J. Nordlund
Planning, Performance, and Accountability
Research and Data Analysis Division
Olympia, WA 98504-5204