[R] Rcmd build -binary -- problem

jack306 jixiangwu2011 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 22:22:11 CEST 2012

After I used rtools 2.15 and R-2.14.2 to create an R package, I have some
thoughts that some R users may try:

1. If rcmd is not recognized even the path is set under advanced
environmental variables, use "path C:\Program Files\R\R-2.14.2\bin\x64" if
you try to use win-64 bit under cmd dos mode.

2. I have not been able to create a zip file using "R CMD install --build
mypackage" for many times , but it seems that whole package can be installed
under a specific directory. Mine is located a sub folder of My Documents.  I
used winrar software to package all installed files and all subfolders to
create a zip file.

It seems very successful to me. Good luck!

Jixiang Wu