[R] How to get the most frequent value of the subgroup

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 17:01:31 CEST 2012

What you are looking for is commonly called the mode, but
(surprisingly?) there doesn't seem to be a standard implementation for
mode() in R. (the mode function gives you something else entirely) --
this SO thread may be of help:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2547402/standard-library-function-in-r-for-finding-the-mode

Michael