[R] Random sample from a data frame where ID column values don't match the values in an ID column in a second data frame

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Mar 30 06:12:49 CEST 2012

On Mar 29, 2012, at 4:22 PM, inkhorn wrote:

> When I use that exact syntax

Which you didn't include as context. Please read the Posting Guide.

> (with the ID variable names

You are the one the offered "ID" as the column name.

> in quotes within the
> square brackets after a comma) it just doesn't work.

Well , without a data example it certainly wasn't tested code. Please
read the Posting Guide.

>  Also, I'm looking for
> a random sample, not all possible rows with ID values that don't
> match the
> second data frame.

Again we do not have the context , but my memory does not include that
as part of the request, but my memory is fallible. ....  which I why
we ask everyone to read the Posting Guide.

> --

AND .....

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT