[R] IV estimation

kebrab67 selamgetachew at gmail.com
Tue May 1 00:24:14 CEST 2012

Hello,
I have a set of 100 variables with 1560 observations. I did an O.L.S
regression of three of these variables on a fourth. But there are problems
of endogeneity... So I look in my dataset for instruments to do an IV. I
can't find a good instrument because their correlation with my endogeneous
variables are too low. But I see that when I create a combined variable
composed of 12 variables of the dataset my correlation is much stronger.
Can I use such a combined variable to estimate my equation with 2SLS, or
GMM.