[R] Hypothesis Testing using Wald Criterion for two regression models with dummy variables

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Wed May 2 14:58:53 CEST 2012

On May 1, 2012, at 22:01 , meredith wrote:

> I have two models, controlled by dummy variables to see if the models can be
> combined into one model with similar intercepts and slopes. Has anyone tried
> to conduct this type of test in R. I am utilizing the econometric idea of
> hypothesis testing through the hypothesis of coincidence. I have tried to
> run an anova with test of Chisq, but I am not sure what the results are
> telling. In addition, I used the rms package with a lrm model in an anova
> test, again I am not sure what the results are telling me:
> Can anyone help me with this?

Not unless you say what you are trying to do... As far as I can tell, you are (A) using a chi-square test for a standard linear model (Gaussian response) and (B) fitting a logistic regression model to the same response, which assumes that it is a proportion or binary response. Neither makes any sense to me.

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com