[R] Cannot read or write to file in Linux Ubuntu

John Kane jrkrideau at inbox.com
Sat May 5 16:44:24 CEST 2012

"Relative paths are not a mystery nor are they solely an aspect of linux.
> They are in fact the norm in DOS and Windows as well as in Linux or
> any other file system that use a "tree" structure."

Oh, is that all!   I just never thought of that behaviour as 'relative paths' just as something that one had to take into account in DOS.

I may take a look at R Studio but so far  I have been comfortable with a text editor and either RGUI or a terminal.

thanks

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada