[R] download extremely slow

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Sun May 6 02:24:08 CEST 2012

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Hillary Sardiñas <herongreen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been trying to download the latest version to my Macbook X version
> 10.6.8 from my institutions mirror http://cran.cnr.Berkeley.edu
> Usually is only takes minutes, but regardless of the browser or where I
> connect to the internet I have been unable to download because it would
> take upwards 2 days according to the download dialogue box.
> I'd really like to get the newest version to run some new packages that
> don't seem to work well in what I have currently (2.12.1)
> I had the same problem last time I tried to update ~ 3 weeks ago.
> Who should I contact/what should I do?

You can always try another CRAN mirror.  But it doesn't look like a
problem with the Berkeley CRAN server:

wget http://cran.cnr.berkeley.edu/bin/macosx/leopard/base/R-latest.pkg
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 64.1M  100 64.1M    0     0  11.1M      0  0:00:05  0:00:05 --:--:-- 11.1M

Most likely something with your computer.

/Henrik