[R] commenting out a block of R code

Ranjan Maitra maitra at iastate.edu
Mon May 7 04:31:36 CEST 2012

Dear friends,

Is there an easy way of commenting out a block of R code after it has
been written? (I am aware that R-aware editors can insert #
line-by-line while it is being written, but I want to basically block
out chunks of R code in a few strokes.)

This question was asked on this mailing list some time ago: Professor
Ripley's answer was to try the following:

RSiteSearch(string="comment multiple lines")

Perfectly fine, but inexplicably, I got searches back (seven
pages) which do not seem to have any connection with what I am looking
for.

Is there an easy way of doing this?

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan