[R] Missing Vignettes for reshape2

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 8 02:54:14 CEST 2012

On Mon, 7 May 2012, R. Michael Weylandt wrote:

> What makes you think reshape2 has a vignette? I don't see one on CRAN:
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/reshape2/index.html

Michael,

   I don't find one there, either. But, I thought that last autumn I read one
or two about the package. It was probably another package, not reshape2.

   Regardless, taking time to cogitate over a couple of mugs of coffee this
afternoon allowed me to resolve my uncertainties about wide and long data
formats. This is why I sought reshape2 vignettes, to work out for myself the
differences in formats.

   Now that I grok the two I don't need to look for reshape2 vignettes to
explain them.

Thanks very much,

Rich