[R] glmmADMB

Ben Bolker bbolker at gmail.com
Tue May 8 15:52:58 CEST 2012

rbuxton <moyble <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> I am new to the package glmmadmb, but need it to perform a
> zero-inflated gzlmm with a binomial error structure.  I can't seem
> to get it to work without getting some strange error messages.

# I am trying to find out what is affecting the number of seabird
# calls on an array of recorders placed at 4 sites on 6 islands.  I
# have nightly variables (weather and moonlight), site variables
# (proximity to a source population of seabirds and proximity to a
# refugia from predators). and island variables (island size and
# number of years since predator eradication).

[snip]

> My model is as follows:
>
> number of seabird calls ~ weather+moonlight+
>  distance to source population+island size+
>  years since predator eradication+nearby refugia from
> predators+ (1|Site/Island)

> first I removed na's from my data
>
> callsna <- na.omit(calls)
>
> Then I started simple, with only "moonlight" and "weather" included in a
> model (just as a test):
>
> mod <- glmmadmb(Calls~ Moon+Wind.Speed+(1|SITE/ISLAND), data=callsna,
> zeroInflation=TRUE, family="nbinom")
>
> I get the following error message:
> Error in II[, ii] = II[, ii] + REmat$codes[[i]] :
>   replacement has length zero
> In addition: Warning message:
> In matrix(rep(q, m), nrow = n, ncol = sum(m), byrow = TRUE) :
>   data length exceeds size of matrix

  I can't tell without a reproducible example.
You're not making any obvious mistakes.  Can you send your
data or post it somewhere?

  Followups should probably go to the r-sig-mixed-models <at>
r-project.org mailing list ...

  Ben Bolker