[R] convert 400 numeric variables to categorical together

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Tue May 8 18:39:03 CEST 2012

Put a number on it.

"really slow" is not quantitative.  What are we specially talking
about with respect to the size of the object you are converting?  What
have you experienced so far?  Exactly what is the code you are doing?
"simultaneously" would only happen if you parallelized the code and
depending on your timings may not be worth it, but it is hard to tell
without any useful information.