[R] glmmADMB

rbuxton moyble at hotmail.com
Wed May 9 04:06:12 CEST 2012

Update!

I changed the "site" categories.  I noticed that I had coded them as "North,
South, East, West" on different islands, which may have caused confusion in
the model.

Now I get a whole new error message!

Error in glmmadmb(LESP.CHUCKLE ~ 1 + (1 | SITE/ISLAND), data = callsna,  :
  The function maximizer failed (couldn't find STD file)
In addition: Warning message:
running command 'C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c
"C:/Users/Rachel/Documents/R/win-library/2.14/glmmADMB/bin/windows32/glmmadmb.exe"
-maxfn 500 -maxph 5 -noinit -shess' had status 1

I followed the instruction you gave to a similar error message posted in
google groups (I downloaded version 0.7 and installed it):
http://groups.google.com/group/admb-users/browse_thread/thread/56d665acfb756ac4

With no avail! Still get the same lousy error message!

The following models work ok:

mod <- glmmadmb(LESP.CHUCKLE~ 1+(1|SITE), data=callsna, zeroInflation=TRUE,
family="nbinom")

and

mod <- glmmadmb(LESP.CHUCKLE~ 1+(1|ISLAND), data=callsna,
zeroInflation=TRUE, family="nbinom")

Any thoughts?

Thanks so so much!

Rachel Buxton