[R] Matrix heatmap

BrittD britt_dijkstra at hotmail.com
Wed May 9 10:14:21 CEST 2012

I would leave my table as a heatmap where darker colors represent higher
similarity, and the lighter colors represent less level of similarity.

I'm using version 2.11 of R.

I once used this code, maybe it will help you:

#dendogram
plot(dendro15, labels = cellType)  ### I first made a dendrogram of my data

#heatmap specifications
# Filter genes on variance otherwise the heatmap cannot be shown.
em <- exprs(ALL)[which(apply(exprs(ALL), 1, sd) > 1.75), ]   #### I had so
many genes I had to filter them
pal <- maPalette(low="blue", high="yellow", mid=NULL, k=25)   #### You can
make a color palet here to specify
## the light and dark colors.

### Heatmap
heatmap(em, Colv=as.dendrogram(dendro15), col=pal, labCol=cellType)