[R] glmmADMB

rbuxton moyble at hotmail.com
Thu May 10 00:01:29 CEST 2012

Hi there,

I am using R version 2.14.2, package glmmADMB

Here is the entire script:

calls <- read.csv(file.choose())
> callsna <- na.omit (calls)
> mod <- glmmadmb(LESP.CHUCKLE~
> Years.Erad+IS+Ref+Moon+Wind.Speed+Dist.Buldir+(1|SITE/ISLAND),
> data=callsna, zeroInflation=TRUE, family="nbinom")
> summary(mod)
Error in glmmadmb(LESP.CHUCKLE ~ 1 + (1 | SITE/ISLAND), data = callsna,  :
  The function maximizer failed (couldn't find STD file)
In addition: Warning message:
running command 'C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /c
"C:/Users/Rachel/Documents/R/win-library/2.14/glmmADMB/bin/windows32/glmmadmb.exe"
-maxfn 500 -maxph 5 -noinit -shess' had status 1

Here is my data:
http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4621934/FOR_ANALYSIS.csv
FOR_ANALYSIS.csv

If the data attachment isn't working properly, I can email it to you
directly

cheers!

Rachel

ps can you not use continuous random variables in glmmADMB?  When I try to
use the term (1|Day of year) - Day of year is a continuous random variable -
I get the following error message:
Error in Droplevels(eval(parse(text = x), data)) :
  all grouping variables in random effects must be factors