[R] Depmix: error while specifying the prior

deepakw deepakwarrier at gmail.com
Sun May 13 03:49:54 CEST 2012

Hi,
I am trying to specify a prior for my HMM Model. I would like both my prior
and transition probablities to be dependent on covariates. I was trying this
out using the "speed" dataset within depmixS4, but I get the following
error:

>mod <-
depmix(list(rt~1,corr~1),data=speed,nstates=2,family=list(gaussian(),multinomial("identity")),transition=~Pacc,prior=~Pacc,initdata=speed,ntimes=c(168,134,137))
>Error in makeDepmix(response = response, transition = transition, prior =
prior,  :
  Argument 'ntimes' does not agree with dimension of prior model.

I dont get this error if I specify just the transition probabilites and not
specify the prior.

Can someone help?

Thanks
-Deepak