[R] Reading Excel Formulas as values

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Tue May 15 23:11:12 CEST 2012

It sounds like this might actually make more sense to do in VBA and
not R (gasp!) if your only goal is to have excel in --> excel out.

[UNTESTED] As far as a workaround if you really want to do this in R,
perhaps you can specify that you want character vectors everywhere and
your connection client won't try to evaluate them. I don't really know
if this actually works though...If you are again willing to step
outside of R, there are clients [I'm thinking perl and Python] that
convert things to character csv's which would certainly make this
work.

Best,
Michael