[R] double buffering in windows() not working

Daniel Carr dcarr at gmu.edu
Tue May 15 23:20:40 CEST 2012

I have doubled buffered animations that I show in class.
They used to work but now flash.

The default windows() option is  buffered = TRUE.
Just in case, I tried using windows( buffered = TRUE)
but this made no difference.

I am not sure when the change occurred.
An older R2.11 version in one class room worked.
R2.14.1, R2.14.2   and R2.15 don't work on my computer.

Some of the animations add to the plot, for example
using points and segments.  I thought that might
be triggering the buffer swap, but just drawing
filled circles causes flashing.

I am using XP and the 32 bit version.  I think I tried it
with Windows7 and still had a problem.

My RSeek search did not turn up anything recent
problem related to buffering.

Thanks in advance for help provided

Dan